Thursday, January 26, 2012

For Nutrition Students

If you are in nutrition or hoping to become a dietician, you really should know about this very useful website.

Students can even join the community to help build your network, keep you up to date on changes/developments and perhaps even give you suggestions of who to follow on Twitter.

Here is a bit about the association:


Dietitians of Canada (DC) is the national professional association for dietitians, representing almost 6000 members at the local, provincial and national levels. DC is one of the largest organizations of dietetic professionals in the world.
Mission, Vision, Values
As the voice of the profession, we strive for excellence in advancing health through food and nutrition.
Learn more What we do
Dietitians of Canada and our members advance the health of Canadians in several important ways.
Learn more Become a member
If you are a Registered Dietitian or studying to become one, we invite you to join DC. Work with us to build your profile, expand your knowledge and open up new opportunities in your professional career.
Learn more





10 comments:

  1. Information here is super useful! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first joined this site I found their membership price still pretty steep, but it's worth it...they have a really well-organized site, and they're frequently sending out emails to keep us updated on what's new. I get a lot of random information through the mail from food-related companies (i.e. Gatorade, Pepsi) and some of it is interesting, some of it not so much. A lot of their material is geared towards RDs, but that doesn't make it useless for students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great website, I have got most of my informations about how Dieticians and the dietetics program from there...Its been a very good source of information

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used the site before to check out information on the Integrated Dietetic Internship. It tells you everything about the application process, eligibility, selection process and what you should do to prepare for such a competitive position!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This site is very useful and helps me out by seeing RD's backgrounds and important information that I need to know in order to be a potential RD one day. Thank you for this information!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have frequently visited this site in the past 3 years that I have been a Nutrition and Food Science student at the U of A, and prior to enrolling in University. Although I am not a member, I have contemplated becoming one many many times, and reading Clara T's comment above makes me want to join! This site reminds me of what I hope to accomplish and helps give me motivation to succeed in my classes so that I am one step closer to becoming a Nutrition professional. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used this site to get the contact information of Dietitians in Calgary. I'm hoping to get a position with one in the Summer so it really helped me get in touch with some in Calgary even though I'm currently living in Edmonton. It is a very helpful site and gives you a list of all the Dietitians in a specific area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regularly these patients have never been tried for fringe neuropathy and vasculopathy or have not been tried as of late and many are inside and out unconscious of diabetic fringe neuropathy and it's related dangers. diabetes hospital

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plans for getting work done may likewise continually change because of sporadic work moves that additionally bring about psychological wellness and hormonal uneven characters. Vine Leaves from Erbaa Turkey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Readers should understand that Universal Health care is an exceptionally wide idea. There are various manners by which such a framework can be used. Nonetheless, the most essential factor in execution includes the method involved with permitting every one of the residents inside a country to be offered admittance to medical services for a reasonable rate. miami fat freeze

    ReplyDelete