Monday, January 16, 2012

TA: Shannon Clarke


Hi everyone,

My name is Shannon Clarke and I am the TA for the lab H8, the Community Service-Learning lab.  I am originally from Ottawa, Ontario and moved to Edmonton four years ago.  Some of you may also know me from the Faculty of ALES Student Services office; I'm the Student Engagement Coordinator for the Faculty and love my job!  If any of you have any questions about how to get involved in the Faculty, across campus, or in the wider Edmonton community come chat!

 


I've been involved in a number of service-learning projects over the last ten years...I'm most excited about our upcoming journey to India as part of the Faculty's Alternative Reading Week India trip.  I'll be joining eleven students, and 2 instructors over reading week in exploring issues of food security, sustainable agriculture, gender equity, and rural development.  I have been lucky to travel to many places in the world and to live and work in a developing country.  I'm so looking forward to sharing our experiences in India.




In my free time, I love getting outside to play.  Being from Ontario, I love the water and like to dust off the old canoe as often as I can (that's me in the front of the boat in the picture above).  I also love to ski, swim, bike, and go for hikes in the mountains.  My good friends know that I also have a small obsession with pirates and celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day each year on September 19! 

 



Looking forward to working with you all this term.  Make the most of ALES 204 and all the various ways to connect with the world around you.


There's still room in the CSL lab if you want to join us!  If you're interested, contact me at shannon.clarke@ales.ualberta.ca.

Have a great term!

Shannon 

Twitter: @ClarkeShan

5 comments:

  1. I think we should dedicate a class to you teaching us how to speak with a pirate accent. I am intrigued and I am sure I speak on behalf of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should dedicate a class to you teaching us how to speak with a pirate accent. I am intrigued and I am sure I speak on behalf of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to learn to speak pirate too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I would be happy to host a how-to-speak pirate workshop! :) I'm sure it would be off the hook! Aaaaarr!!!!!! (I may also love pirate jokes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How Much does a pirate pay to pierce his ears?

      A: a buccanear

      Delete